This User Agreement describes the terms and conditions on which you are allowed to use our Website and Services provided therein. We have incorporated by reference all linked information.
In This User Agreement:
- “Account”means the account you open when you register on the Website.
- “Company” Company means SkillWorld Network Private Limited or entity owning SkillWorld brand and business.
- “Student” means any person registering on our App or website for the purpose of subscribing to our free or paid courses.
- “Respondent” means any individual or entity who is approached for any information, survey, audit, inspection or any other services as required by SkillWorld or Service User.
- “Account Holder” means any individual who has registered with SkillWorld as an Associate or a Service Champion.
- “Freelancers means any individual registering on the SkillWorld platform to provide his or her services to the Buyer.
- “Inactive Account”means a User Account that has not been logged into for a continuous period of 6 months
- “Intellectual Property Rights”means any and all intellectual property rights, existing worldwide and the subject matter of such rights, including: (a) patents, copyright, rights in circuit layouts (or similar rights), registered designs, registered and unregistered trademarks, and any right to have confidential information kept confidential; and (b) any application or right to apply for registration of any of the rights referred to in paragraph (a), whether or not such rights are registered or capable of being registered and whether existing under any laws, at common law or in equity.
- “Website”means the websites operated by SkillWorld Network Private Limited and available at skillworld.in and any related Skillworld.in service, tool or Mobile Application (Mobile App).
- “Leads” means uploading the details or completing the online transaction in our Web or Mobile application of any individual or entity who is interested in buying or availing of the described services against a consideration as specified by the Seller of the product or services.
- “Tasks” means any activity described on our Mobile app or Website which the Service Provider has agreed to perform as per the given specifications.
By registering and accessing and/or using the Website, on clicking the button “I Agree”, it will be deemed that you have read the following terms and conditions for the usage of Company Website and agreed to the same.
Company reserves its right to amend this User Agreement and any linked information from time to time by posting amended terms on the Website, without any prior specific notice to any person. Please check our website regularly for any change of terms and conditions.
The Website is an online platform for interested students to subscribe to the various courses provided by SkillWorld or it’s partner companies. The website is also a platform where Sellers list their products or services and Service Champions/Brand Associates refer the Buyers needing these products or services through SkillWorld platform. The Website is also a platform for Service Users to list their requirements and Service Champions/Brand Associates will engage in fulfillment of these requirements after getting consent from SkillWorld. The website is also a platform for Associates, Service Champions or Freelancers to provide their services to the users.
You will not use the SkillWorld Website if you:
- are not able to form legally binding contracts; or
- are under the age of 18; or
- a person barred from receiving and rendering services under the laws of India or other applicable jurisdiction; or
- are suspended from using the SkillWorld Website.
the account holder is responsible for everything done with the account he or she is registered for. We may, at our absolute discretion, refuse to register a person or corporate entity as a User.
- Using SkillWorld
- While using the SkillWorld Website, you will not:
- post content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our websites and services;
- infringe any laws, third party rights or our policies, such as the Code of Conduct;
- fail to deliver Services as agreed by you, unless the Service User fails to meet the terms, materially alters the terms of the Services from the listing;
- circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to SkillWorld;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory or offensive content (including personal information);
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or reputation systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information or using it for purposes unrelated to the SkillWorld Website);
- transfer or share your SkillWorld account (including feedback) and Username to another party without our written consent;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited, or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm SkillWorld, the Website, or the interests or property of SkillWorld users (including their Intellectual Property Rights, privacy and publicity rights) or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy, vulgar, obscene, profane or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to, or incite hatred of, any person;
- download and aggregate listings from our Website for display with listings from other websites without our express written permission, “frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of the Website into any other website without our prior written authorisation;
- attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by us in connection with the SkillWorld Website;
- copy, modify or distribute rights or content from the SkillWorld Website or SkillWorld’s copyrights and trademarks; or
- harvest or otherwise collect information about Users, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Further, while using our website, you will not to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that —
- While using the SkillWorld Website, you will not:
(a) belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to;
(b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
(c) harm minors in any way;
(d) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
(e) violates any law for the time being in force;
(f) deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
(g) impersonate another person;
(h) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
(i) threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- Fees and Services
We may charge fees for certain services and courses listed on our platform. We may choose to temporarily change the fees for our services for promotional events (for example, discounts on memberships) or new services, and such changes are effective when we post the temporary promotional event or new service on the Websites. All fees are non -refundable once paid.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in India Rupees (INR).
Any applicable tax as per the law of the land will be applied and accordingly deducted from the payment due to the Service Providers. You must also comply with your obligations under income tax, or any other applicable tax provisions in your jurisdiction.
Unless otherwise agreed with us, you must not advertise an external website, product or service on the Website. We may display sponsor advertisements and promotions on the Website. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of the presence of such advertisements/ promotions in the Website or your subsequent dealings with the Advertisers. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that content of sponsor advertisements or promotions is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other intellectual property or proprietary rights and laws. Unless expressly authorised by SkillWorld or third party right holders, you agree not to modify, sell, distribute, appropriate or create derivative works based on such advertisement/promotions.
- Identity / Know Your Customer
You authorise us, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your identity. You must, at our request: (i) provide further information to us, which may include your date of birth and other information that will allow us to reasonably identify you; (ii) take steps to confirm ownership of your email address or financial instruments; or (iii) verify your information against third party databases or through other sources. You must also, at our request, provide copies of identification documents (such as your Aadhaar card or any other identification documents etc.). We may also ask you to provide photographic identification holding a sign with a code that we provide as an additional identity verification step. We reserve the right to close, suspend, or limit access to your Account, the Website and/or SkillWorld Services in the event we are unable to obtain or verify to our satisfaction the information which we request under this section.
- Specific Terms and Conditions
You confirm having read, understood and accepted the following Terms and Conditions . In the following section, “I/me” means You as an Account Holder or a Student:
Terms and Conditions
- I understand that this is not a Job offer and does not create a permanent or a contractual Employee- Employer relationship between the Company and me. I will have no claim on the Company regarding any employment or attached benefits.
- I understand that the courses provided on the website is for the sole purpose of enhancing my skills to improve my employability or knowledge. I also understand that SkillWorld or any of it’s associate do not offer any job guarantee to any student completing the course.
- I have verified the details o the course and have enrolled in the course only after being satisfied with what is being offered.
- I understand that the meaning of “placement assistance” is helping me prepare my Bio data, preparing me for the interview and guiding me on best effort basis to apply to companies which may hire services of trained people like me. The selection for jobs in these companies will be completely based on the prerogative of these companies and SkillWorld will have no role to play in influencing any selection.
- I understand that the fee paid by me for any course is non-refundable. The fee is paid for providing learning to me and is no way linked to my possible employment in future.
- I confirm that I will not pay to any intermediary or an agent any money for getting admission on SkillWorld platform. I will only pay fee in the account of SkillWorld.
- I understand that SkillWorld may deploy the services of franchisees to solicit business and provide mentoring to the students. I will only deal with the authorized representatives of SkillWorld.
- I understand that the SkillWorld reserves the right to give or refuse admission to any student.
- I understand that SkillWorld may refuse to give me certificate for course completion if I have not paid the full course fee or have not completed the assessments and course as per the satisfaction of SkillWorld. I will have no rights to claim my fee back in such cases.
- I understand that any kind of placement assistance by SkillWorld will only be provided if I have successfully completed the course certification and paid the course fee in total.
- I understand that SkillWorld may send me out to different places including outstation locations for completing projects, tasks or appearing for interviews. I shall complete these activities at my own cost.
- I understand that SkillWorld may refuse to provide me further placement assistance if I do not appear for the interviews scheduled by them or do not accept the job offers consequent to such interviews.
- I understand that any Job opportunity for which SkillWorld may arrange for an interview may be available across any company, any job profile and any location in the country.
- I understand that the nomenclature of the courses offered by SkillWorld is only for the representation purpose and do not imply the kind of job opportunities which may be available for me in future.
- I understand that I will take care of my physical being while attending the course performing any field assignments or travelling for interviews. SkillWorld will not be responsible for my physical well-being.
- I understand that SkillWorld may use the services of external vendors for providing technological platform for learning. These platforms may suffer down time due to issues unknown or beyond control of SkillWorld. I shall cooperate in such situation.
- I understand that SkillWorld will disable the access to the course after completion of certification or any time period which may be written in the course design itself.
- I understand that the Company can terminate this agreement with me any time without assigning any reason. The Company will be within it’s right to disable my user Id and access to it’s Website and Mobile App.
- The Company can use any information about me or about the leads generated by me for any promotional campaign or offers, directly or by sharing with any third party. I will have no claim on the Company for any material gain achieved by them for any such activity.
- I will neither form nor be part of any union or association against the Company. Any conflict with the Company will be solved by me individually through the normal grievance redressal route.
- I will not undertake any activity to damage the reputation or business interest of the Company.
- I understand that the shareholding of the Company can change anytime or from time to time. I will neither have a say nor have any objection in that. I will continue to function with my full integrity.
- I confirm that I will continue to promote the business interests of the Company with my full competence, commitment and integrity till the time I am associated with the Company and will abide by the above terms and conditions.
- Inactive Accounts
For User Accounts that have not been logged into, or where no valid leads have been generated or no Service Task has been undertaken for a continuous period of 6 months, Company reserve the right to close such Inactive Accounts without assigning any reasons.
- Right to Refuse Service
Company may close, suspend or limit your access to your Account without reason. Without limiting the foregoing, we may close, suspend or limit your access to your Account:
- if it comes to know that you have breached, or are acting in breach of, this User Agreement;
- if it comes to know that you have breached legal liabilities (actual or potential), including infringing someone else’s Intellectual Property Rights;
- if it comes to know that you have engaged, or are engaging, in fraudulent, or illegal activities;
- if you do not respond to our requests;
- to manage any risk of loss to us, a User, or any other person; or
- for other similar reasons.
If Company closes your Account due to your breach of this User Agreement, you may also become liable for certain fees, if any, as described in this User Agreement.
Without limiting our other remedies, to the extent you have breached this User Agreement, you must pay us all fees owed to us and reimburse us for all losses and costs (including any and all of our employee time) and reasonable expenses (including legal fees) related to investigating such breach and collecting such fees.
In the event that Company closes your Account, you will have no claim whatsoever against the Company in respect of any such suspension or termination of your Account.
- Disputes with Us
If a dispute arises between you and SkillWorld, our goal is to address your concerns and to provide you with a means of resolving the dispute quickly. We strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution. All claims you bring against the Company/SkillWorld must be resolved in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. All claims filed or brought contrary to this Agreement shall be considered improperly filed and a breach of this Agreement. Should you file a claim contrary to the terms of this Agreement, SkillWorld/Company may recover its legal fees and costs (including in-house lawyers and paralegals), provided that SkillWorld/Company has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly withdraw the claim. SkillWorld/Company’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- Closing Your Account
You may close your Account at any time. The option is located in the Account Settings.
Account closure is subject to:
- not having any outstanding pending service or work with us or any of the associates and
- resolving any outstanding matters (such as a suspension or restriction on your Account); and
- paying any outstanding fees owing on the Account.
- You will indemnify the Company (including its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) against any claim or demand, including legal fees and costs, made against us by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your infringement of any law or the rights of a third party in the course of using the Website and Mobile App.
- In addition, we can apply any funds in your Account against any liabilities you owe to us or loss suffered by us as a result of your non-performance or breach of this User Agreement.
You must immediately notify us upon becoming aware of any unauthorized access or any other security breach to the Website, your Account or the SkillWorld/Company services and do everything possible to mitigate the unauthorized access or security breach (including preserving evidence and notifying appropriate authorities). You are solely responsible for securing your password. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized access of your account resulting from your failure to secure your password.
- Limitation of Liability
In no event the Company shall or related entities, its affiliates or staff be liable, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), or any other form of liability, for:
- any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages that may be incurred by you;
- any loss of income, business or profits (whether direct or indirect) that may be incurred by you;
- any claim, damage, or loss which may be incurred by you as a result of any of your transactions involving the Website or Mobile App.
The limitations on the Company’s liability to you above shall apply whether or not the Company, its related entities, its affiliates or staff have been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages arising.
- Additional Terms
It is important to read and understand all our policies.
Each of these policies may be changed from time to time. Changes take effect when we post them on the SkillWorld/ Company’s Website or Mobile App. When using particular services on our Website, you are subject to any posted policies or rules applicable to services you use through the Website, which may be posted from time to time.
You cannot assign or otherwise transfer this User Agreement, or any rights granted hereunder to any third party. Skillworld may transfer its rights and obligations (also known as “assign”) under this Agreement without your prior express consent, provided that Skillworld assigns the Agreement on the same terms or terms that are no less advantageous to you.
- Third party sites
- Grievance Officer
In accordance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Mr. Anupam Kumar, Director
SkillWorld Network Private Limited
Address: 2B-92, Phoenix Paragon Plaza, LBS Road, Kurla (W), Mumbai-400 070
Phone: 022 – 62368082